- Process Sentinels: which are responsible for making sure that the rest of the processes are running.
- Foreground Processes: processes dealing with user interaction.
- Background Processes: processes performing the “internal” tasks.
- MBox Set: communication link between background and foreground processes
The Server comes with a client interface called Objects Server which provides an API to interact with the engine. It is available in two “flavors”:
- Process Objects (TPO): a thick client implementation API for COM/C++/Java.
- Server Objects (TSO): a thin client implementation API for EJB and .NET.
Using this APIs we can develop custom web-clients, web-services or integrate our J2EE or .NET applications with iProcess.
Business Processes executed by the iProcess Server can interact with external systems as well using EAI plugins. There are plug-ins for different systems, including BusinessWorks, Oracle, Java, SQL Server and scripts.