About this task
You create an import for a component by using the assembly editor. Follow any of these steps to create an import:
- Drag an export from another module and drop it into the assembly diagram. When prompted, select the import with the required binding.
- Select Import from the palette and drop it into the assembly diagram.
- Drag an interface from the same module or a dependent library and drop it into the assembly diagram. When prompted, select the Import with No Binding or Import with Web Service Binding. To use interfaces from a library, open the module with the dependency editor and add a dependency on the library. You will be prompted if the dependency has to be set. For bindings information, see the topics under related tasks.
- If you are doing top-down development and have not yet generated an implementation, you can also convert a component into an import using the Convert to import action from the component's context menu.
- To create an import that uses an adapter, from the Outbound Adapters folder on the assembly editor palette, select an adapter and drag it onto the canvas. Complete the fields in the wizard to generate the import.
The following image shows StockQuote as an import, which means the service is being called from outside the module: