The TIBCO recommended encoding to use is UTF-8. But in case you made the mistake of not using UTF-8 (either in your project or in TIBCO Administrator) then you will need to change the encoding.
To change project encoding:
- Click on the root project folder.
- In the configuration panel you will see three tabs [Configuration, Project Settings and Design Time Libraries].
- Click on Project Settings where you will find a drop down titled ‘TIBCO Messagin Encoding’ with two values: ISO8859-1 and UTF-8.
- Select UTF-8 and click Apply and then save your project.
To change it for the TIBCO Administrator:
- Locate the tibcoadmin_.tra file. It should be in: \administrator\domain\\bin
- Open this file in a text-editor and locate the entry ‘tibcoadmin.client.encoding’ and ‘repo.encoding’.
- Change them both to UTF-8 if they are not UTF-8.
- Save the file.
- Restart both the Hawk Agent and the TIBCO Administrator service on the machine.
If the Administrator fails to deploy a UTF-8 encoded project after making the changes above and in the log you see a‘com.tibco.infra.repository.OperationFailedException: Can not change encoding from ISO8859-1 to UTF-8 because of other existing connection with different encoding’ exception try and restart your Hawk Agent and any other TIBCO related service.
For training on TIBCO Administrator mail us at email@example.com