1. Download the database drivers, ojdbc6.jar if using Oralce 10g
2. Download the hibernate api’s (assembly_tibco_com_tibco_tpcl_org_hibernate_feature_3.2.400.001)
Also ensure that you have the User who has DBA rights to the database you want to configure, this is every important.
In DB create
c) bpmadmin (and grant him Admin rights and acces rights to bpm_tablespace)
d) bpmuser with acces rights to bpm_tablespace
e) login to bpmuser and create bpmuser_junit user with acces rights to bpm_tablespace
Run the installer
3. Select a the profile you want to install (“Install BPM, Administrator & Tibco Host”, is the one I had installed) in Installation Profile Selection.
4. Select the path where you want the AMX BPM should reside, by default it will show you the Tibco_Home path (I had installed in a differernt path, directory : C:\AMXBPM and Name : AMXBPM )
5. select the path of the configuration directory, I had put the config directory within the same as the one selected in step 4 and it will install AMX BPM
To configure AMX BPM
6. Follow the same for the configuration folder as done in Step 5.
7. once the configuration window pops up, select the 3rd Party Driver installation first, it will ask for the driver that has to be used I selected JDBC Oracle 11.1.0 and will ask for the Jar file, select the folder that has the JAR file ojdbc6.jar and it will get configured.
The step from now onwards depends on what you want to install, I am writing down what i had done
8. I had selected 2nd option in the the configuration pop up window (AMX BPM server V1.1)
9. In the Database Admin window I had given bpmadmin as the user name, its password and the BPM_Tablespacae as the table space name
10. in runtime Db configuration, I had given bpmuser and its password
11. in the next window I had localhost as the Presentation Host and Port was 18099, ensure the port you enter is not being used by any other application
12. I had selected internal LDAP, you can configure external LDAP later on also
13. I had not changed anything after that, had kept all the default values.
14. for AMX server Configuration : Notification and Bus Server, select the EMS server you want to use with correct port number and do test the connection.
Once you are done with EMS details you can click on Configure and hope it will configure correctly. It is a time taking process.